Hong Kong Entry Visa - Hong Kong Travel Guide

Hong Kong Entry Visa - Hong Kong Travel Guide


    Visitors to Hong Kong must hold a passport or travel document (other than a document issued to stateless person) which is valid at least 1 month after period of intended stay. Document issued to stateless person must be valid at least 2 months after the period of intended stay.

    At present, nationals of around 170 countries/territories may visit Hong Kong visa-free for a period ranging from 7 to 180 days. Please refer to http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas_4.htm for a list of visa-required and visa-free (and the respective duration of visa-free periods) countries/territories.

    Application for an entry visa/permit may be submitted to the Chinese diplomatic and consular mission closest to your place of residence. As an alternative, you may also submit to the HKSAR Immigration Department either directly by post or through a local sponsor. To shorten processing time, application forms and supporting documents can be sent by fax to the HKSAR Immigration Department at (852) 2824 1133 or (852) 2157 9085 in the first instance. However, the original copy of the duly completed application forms and the photograph required should be sent immediately to the HKSAR Immigration Department by air mail. An entry visa/permit will be issued only on receipt of an original, properly completed application form. For details of the application procedures, please refer to http://www.immd.gov.hk/ehtml/hkvisas_4.htm.

    It normally takes 4 weeks to process an entry visa/permit application but in some cases, longer time may be required. You are strongly advised to apply for an entry visa/entry permit well in advice of the Congress.

    If you will make a side-trip to the Mainland or Macau during your period of stay in Hong Kong, a double or triple-journey entry visa/permit (depending on the number of side-trips you will make) may be required in addition to the necessary visa for the Mainland or Macau.

    For enquiries on visa matter, please contact the HKSAR Immigration Department on enquiry@immd.gov.hk.

Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the Wentrip User Agreement and Privacy Policy.
Copyright?2010, CantonFairs.net All Rights Reserved.